Friday, January 1, 2016

Tis the Season 12/8 - 12/28/15

Yokwe and Alooooha! I can't believe its already been 2 months to this day since I entered the MTC. Times flying by! The Christmas season here in Dana Point has been a blast. It finally got cold, but not cold enough seeing as how I still contact and tract in short sleeves. But its southern Orange County so I have nothing to complain about!

A quick update: This is now my second transfer, and Elder Everett and I are still here in Dana Point!

We've started this transfer off really strong. We had an awesome miracle happen on Christmas Eve! a few days before the 24th, we were contacting on the main street when we met a young husband and wife with their 4 kids coming out of a gas station. We began talking to them, they were in a rush but said they lived up the road on top of the hill. They were such nice people and very open to what we teach and said they would always give us water if we came by but that they had to rush off at that moment. Unfortunately I forgot to grab there information and give them ours....rookie mistake I know I know. A few days later as we were planning the next day out that family came to my mind and I said to my companion that we had to find them! We had only the general area of where they were, an area FULL of apartment complexes, houses, condos, and so on. The next day, Christmas eve, we went on our contacting and tracting spree. We knocked so many doors in that area but got nothing. At the end of our 3 hour block we decided we had to get back to our next appointment. As we were walking back we passed a home and my companion said to me "This house needs a Christmas card!!" So we turned back, walked up the stairs, knocked the door, and sure enough the man and his family open the door! They and us were very surprised, he gave us water just as he promised and asked us to come back and share our message when they had more time! So great!

Being out on a mission is really so great. There is always so much to learn and it is such a blessing to focus on others and to forget yourself! If I can at least get every person I talk to to smile, whether or not they except this message, I feel at least I am doing something right. We get so much rejection on missions, but not just missions, in life as well. At times it seems hard, it seems as if nothing you are doing is working. During those days and times, I remember the savior and a scripture that has been on my mind a lot:
Matthew 26:39 "And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, Oh my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
Christ has felt all that we feel! He is with us every step of the way. Be strong, remember him! When times seem hard, go "a little further", pray, listen, and "Be still and know that [He] is God."

Ofa Atu!
Elder Mills"



No comments:

Post a Comment